Can you believe it?
One year ago today we were anxiously awaiting becoming parents and meeting the little guy who would change our lives so much. We sat in the waiting area at the Civil Affairs office in Guangzhou. I spotted Guille with his nanny as they came through the door. I KNEW it was him. He looked so scared, so confused. She held him close and I could tell that it would be hard for her to place this little guy in our arms and walk away. He cried, and this mama cried too.
We watched as other families received their children, then we heard "San Wen Lian"! That was our boy! We nearly jumped out of our seats to go get our little "one". Here is a short clip of his reactions shortly after we got him. He was definitely looking for anyone he knew. Now, one year later, he knows that I am his Mama and Guillermo is his daddy. He knows where HOME is!
Now, if you have time, you can watch the following video.
It takes about 12 1/2 minutes. I know, that's kind of long,
but what is 12 1/2 minutes in comparison to a year?
Enjoy our year in review.



Happy Gotcha Day!
ReplyDeleteThe Wikoffs
I can't believe you slipped a post in and I didn't see it. Happy Gotcha Day! Sound just like your mommy. That is just what she would say. I love your mommy. Love to all. Lou
ReplyDeleteBeautiful video. He has grown so much. I'm so glad you both have the desire of your heart. He is such a blessing.
ReplyDeleteAunt jan