Thursday, June 4, 2009

First "owie"... forget the bandaid!

Guille is such a tough little cookie that I was starting to wonder what he would do if he got hurt. Generally, if he bumps his head or falls down, he just brushes himself off and gets back to whatever it was he was doing. I've been trying to notice when he does bump his head and give him a head rub and a kiss just so he knows that it does matter to me if he gets hurt.

Well, today I was doing laundry and I could hear him clinking the drawer pulls on the china cabinet in the other room. He usually goes down the row... 1, 2, 3, 4 then runs around the table, comes and finds me, giggles, then does it again. This time I counted 1, 2, 3..... then it was quiet. I called out, "where's my Guille?" and he came running with a hurt look on his face. I asked him what was wrong as I picked him up. He cuddled a while then showed me his little thumb. He must have pinched it on the drawer pull and it got a bit of a cut. So I got out the antibiotic cream and the bandaids (Scooby Doo, at that!) and put it on his thumb, kissed it, asked Jesus to make it better, then we went to cuddle some more.

A few minutes into the cuddling he was done. I noticed that he had worked the bandaid off during our cuddle time. Once the bandaid was off he was ready to play again.

So, the first owie turned out to be not so bad. If little cuts on his finger are the worst owies he will have, that will be great. However, I'm thinking that the owie he's going to get on June 17 will take a bit more than a bandaid and a few cuddles to make it feel better. But, we know that Jesus is the Healer and that He is already healing my little guy... physically and emotionally. Thank you Jesus! And thank you all for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment