They told us surgery would take about 45 minutes. After 1 1/2 hours, he was still in the OR and we were getting a bit anxious. Suddenly we saw his surgeon and went to hear the news. The tonsils and adenoids came out fine. His tonsils were "3.5-4" or 3+ (on a scale from 0 to 4+--the largest) and adenoids were 80% blockage (on a scale from 0 - 100%). The problems came when they tried to wake him up. He didn't want to breathe on his own and didn't want to wake up. That's what took the extra 30-45 minutes. Once we got to go back to the recovery room, he was quite upset and coughing quite a bit. But, once in Mama's lap he calmed down a lot.
We went from recovery 1 to recovery 2 after about an hour or so. Then we spent the rest of the day in recovery waiting for a room. At 8:00PM they told us they had a room ready. We're in a room with another little guy who had his tonsils out today too. His family arrived at 6:00 this morning, the same time we did. When we got to the room we said, "I guess the first shall be last, huh?" Anyway, both boys are sleeping soundly now so I suppose I should try to get a few winks before the medicine rounds start. We figure between the two of them we'll be awake every 2 hours! Yippee! I took a few pictures but can't find them on this computer, so I guess I'll try to post some tomorrow--wordless Wednesday. Good night everyone.



I am so glad he is doing ok. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon. Rest to you. Love you all. Lou
ReplyDelete