Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is it really happening?

Today I went to Guillermo's office to have lunch with him.  After finishing our sandwiches, he showed me some things on his computer and decided to copy the Chinese songs from the server onto his computer so Little G can listen to them.  We talked about the things we still have to do and then I said "We leave one week from tomorrow!"  I think we both teared up a bit as the reality of finally getting our son sinks in.  It has been such a long wait.  In December we thought we probably had another 4, 5, 6... who knows how many years to wait for our child.  Then suddenly, on January 6, we had a picture of our soon-to-be-son!  In a way, that seems so long ago, but yet time has gone by pretty quickly with trying to get so much done.  

This morning I defrosted the freezer and made room for Matt & Jessica's cakes.  I'm hoping to get one baked this afternoon and the others tomorrow.  (OH, tomorrow we have our conference call with the adoption agency's travel coordinator and the other families who will be traveling to China next week!--- Shock--wow-- 
NEXT WEEK!!!  
Someone pinch me!!-- but not too hard!)  

OK... I gotta get busy!!  Thanks for your prayers for us and for Little Guillermo Franklin.  We so appreciate you all.  Keep praying and keep checking back.


No comments:

Post a Comment