Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mid-Winter update


OK, so it has been a while since I've updated you. I've been keeping busy with my friends, preschool, speech and traveling. Let me share some of my favorite moments with you.


For Thanksgiving at preschool, we decorated our turkeys so they could hide. I decorated mine as a hunter with a pumpkin on his head, hiding in the leaves. You like him?

After we got all the leaves picked up, I still wanted to rake things,
so I raked up some rocks from our driveway and made a little rock hill.

Then I found a little mud puddle and played in that for a while.
Oh, how I love my boots and water and getting messy!

I had to have a sleep study. I didn't much like getting all those wires stuck to me, but I was a brave little boy and didn't cry at all. I sat very still and the nurse told me I did a great job.

One of the things we found out from the sleep study is that I need to get my tonsils out. I have to go to the hospital on February 1 to have that done. So, please pray for me that day. I AM a little nervous about it. One day Mama asked if I wanted to tell Gramma & Grampa that the doctor is going to take out my tonsils. With a very concerned look, I asked her, "And then put them back in??"

Meanwhile, we had our first snow. Oh how I've missed the snow.

And we decorated our Christmas tree.
I RE-decorated it several times and cried when we had to put the tree away until next November. Why can't we keep it up all year long?

My friend, Elizabeth, and her mom came over one day and we made gingerbread houses.
Yummy frosting, yummy decorations! M-m-mmm!

Me and my shovel (to the tune "me and my shadow"

I got to be the "calendar helper" at preschool.
I did such a good job helping my teacher.

Santa had a pretty fluffy beard by the time I got finished with him.

Before we left for Florida, I got to open a few Christmas presents.
Wow, a tool bench and tools!

More pieces for my train track! Yeah!

Building sand castles in Florida with my Daddy.
It was pretty chilly at the beach on Christmas eve, but Mama & Daddy had been telling me about this HUGE sand pile and the ocean, so we went to the beach for a while to have fun in the sun. It was too cold to swim, but we did get a little wet. Here are some of the pictures we took that day.







Abuela fixed us an amazing meal for Christmas and Aunt Juani had the day off, so we got to spend some time together.

Presents, presents! What could this be?
Maybe duplos...nope, doesn't rattle. Maybe a book?

It's a pillow pet! Just what I wanted!
Hey, it's a pillow pet!

My pillow pet watched me open my other presents.
I got this awesome remote control car from Juani.

Daddy took me outside to the neighbor's driveway to learn how to drive it.

We made our annual trip to the park to feed the ducks.
This year some geese were pretty aggressive and wanted all the food.

Did I mention that it was pretty chilly in Florida while we were there?

We celebrated Daddy's birthday at a Cuban restaurant
then went and looked at Christmas lights.

On the drive back home, we stopped at Jupiter beach and walked along Florida's only rocky beach. Unfortunately, the tide was going out so the "blowing rocks" weren't doing their spectacular show, but we did get to see some waves crash into the rocks.

This wave surprised us all!!
Daddy grabbed me just in time!

A rare family photo.

Picking up shells was quite fun!

We stopped at this plantation house for a little break in our trip.
It was a beautiful place, though they had it set up more as a visitors' center and store than an old plantation house. Even so, we enjoyed our stop there.

And in North Carolina we had to have some famous NC Bar-B-Q.
Can you tell that I liked it a lot?

I serenaded Mama & Daddy for MANY miles.
Mama kept a close eye on my in the mirror.
Though it was a long trip, we had a good time together.

New Year's Day brought warmer weather and a bit of rain.
All the snow melted and there were HUGE puddles in the back yard.
So, what's a boy to do but put on his raincoat and boots and go play in the puddles?!

And, when one gets tired of splashing in the puddle, simply sit down!
Oh, was THAT funny!??!!!

More snow! I love helping shovel the driveway.
(Mama has mentioned that she hopes I still like to do that when I'm older.)

Uncle Tom & Aunt Judy sent me this very cool towel.
I like being a little shark.

A pretty cute one too!

Working with Daddy.

Some of this plastic food is so tough, I need to use my chainsaw to cut it.
Always wear safety glasses when using a chainsaw!

A snow angel... and me (a real angel!)

Thanks for checking in on me again. I'll let you know how everything goes on Feb. 1. Thanks for praying for me.


3 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for little Guille as Feb. 1 approaches - thanks for the updates - love to all! Joe and Shauna and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos, Joan! I am sending a link to this post to a friend who is apprehensive about a sleep study--I think Guille can inspire her! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! You are getting so big!! Hugs and kisses. Love to all. Lou

    ReplyDelete