Two years ago today, January 6, these images captured our hearts:



Our adoption coordinator called to ask if we'd like to review the file of this child.
She told us a little about him and we anxiously reviewed his file. Since he was on a shared list, it meant that any agency around the world had access to his file and that anyone, at any time, could "lock" his file. Basically, we had 24 hours (if that) to decide if we wanted to pursue this adoption.
We talked to my brother, a doctor, about his medical condition and had several people pray that we would know for sure that this was the little guy that God had designed just for us. We decided to pray about it over night and see what the next day would bring.
As I lay in bed that night, I asked God to give me some assurance that this was our son, and if not, that He would not let my heart become more attached to this little boy. As I prayed, I felt the Spirit ask me, "What day do Christians celebrate today?", I responded, "Epiphany" to which He asked me, "And what is the significance of this day?" "It's when the three kings took their gifts to the small Child, Jesus." Then SO VERY CLEARLY, Jesus said to me, "And today, that very same Child, the King of kings, is presenting YOU with a gift." Of course, I wept and wanted to wake Guillermo up and tell him, but I waited.
In the morning we called the agency and left a message that we would like to "lock" the file. We emailed our coordinator. There was no response to either one. TWO hours later, she called and said his file was locked. My heart sank for a moment, before she said, "Congratulations, you have a son!"
Moving ahead to this past Christmas:
We were riding in the car and opening pretend presents. We would get so excited about the little presents that we imagined. After handing me an imaginary gift, Guille excitedly asked, "What is it?" I said, "I don't know, what could it be?" He giggled and squeaked out, It's GUILLE!" Of course, I had to tell him that he was my best Christmas present, and that when Jesus gave me that present He said, "Can't open until May." And on May 4 we got to hold that present and bring him home--for keeps!




Love him. Still no pants!?! Glad to see the update. Love to all. Lou
ReplyDeleteIt is great to hear that part of your story. I don't think I have ever heard it. Very special. Thanks for keeping the blog going!
ReplyDeleteShar Wikoff