Today Jennai and I headed to Children’s Hospital to see a
pediatric cardiologist to see how her heart is doing. Back in April, when she had her cleft lip
repaired, the doctors in China
discovered a hole in her heart. The
cardiologist in China
decided to go ahead and repair the ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) since Jennai was not showing any signs of
cardiac distress at that time and they didn’t want her to develop any
problems. When we adopted her we got the
report that she was doing well and that she had been taken off all medication. Well, since it IS her heart we’re talking
about, we decided to get it checked out, just to be sure it really was doing
well and there was no need to be on medication.
The nurse did an EKG, the doctor listened to her heart, they
did an echocardiogram (ultrasound) of her heart and then gave us the
report. They said, “Everything looks
very good! It is an excellent repair.”
In other news around the house, Isaac is the one who is
turning out to be the picky eater. Hmmm….
Go figure! In China
he loved to eat noodles. So one night I decided to
fix noodles and another night I fixed spaghetti. And, yep, as any silly
kid would do… they ALL slurped the noodles and made a mess… but isn’t that what
noodles are for???
We made a trip to BK to play at the indoor playground
and have lunch.
Isaac and Guille played together
and Isaac even scrambled up the big steps
to come down the big slide.
I think we are finally settling in.
The last two days Isaac has been all giggles.
I think he figured out that he is finally home... and it's a good thing.
I love hearing his laughter and the twinkle in his eye is delightful.
Elizabeth was over to play yesterday and Isaac got right in on the fun.
I don't think it will be long until Jennai is in the middle of it too. In fact, the other night the boys had set up the little plastic bowling pins and were having fun knocking them down. Jennai watched and laughed and then... rolled across the floor and took HER turn at knocking the pins down. Where there's a will... there's a way!
Snack time
Don't YOU want to come have noodles with us?
That's all for now. Thanks, again, for following our story and praying for us along the way.
Happy New Year!












Wonderful news! Love to all.
ReplyDelete