Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer 2011 --third post (almost done)

I am ALMOST caught up with blogging about all our summer activities. As you can see, we've had a very busy summer. It has been fun, but it's time to get back to work and school. So, let's get on with the last part of the summer posting. Enjoy.

I've been doing more painting.
This is called "Rainbow stars".
I DO use a brush, but my hands get a bit messy too.

When I asked if I could get dirty,
nobody knew how muddy we would get.

Check it out... a mud puddle at the bottom of the slide!

Hey, I know what comes out of a piƱata.
Come on, candy, fall into my bag!

I called Gramma and told her we were going to visit them.
I don't think she realized we were on our way.

We saw this truck at the IA 80 Truck stop.

Yep, a spare tire!

One of my favorite toys at Gramma & Grampa's house.
Huge blocks

I love building towers.


I told Grampa I wanted to go fishing.
He took me THREE times!

He showed me how to put the worm on the hook.

And how to hold the fishing pole.

He told me you have to be patient.

And finally, I caught my first fish.


I let Grampa take it off the hook.

Then I went to have a snack with Gramma.
Fishing is hard work.

When we got home from fishing,
I helped Gramma shuck the corn
so we could have corn-on-the-cob.

What a fun and silly job!


Gramma & Grampa's picnic table is falling apart,
so they let me hammer on it and break the rotten wood.
I really liked doing that!

Grampa cleaned our five little fishes
(though he said he would have thrown them back if I wasn't there)
and we ate them for supper.

The next morning we went fishing again.
I snuggled with Gramma
while Grampa did the fishing.

I held the pole for a while.

I helped Grampa get a picture taken with one of the fish he caught.
He caught SO MANY fish that day.
He caught 20!
(They were all pretty small, but he cleaned them all for me.)
He's such a great Grampa!

Gramma and I read while Grampa cleaned the fish.

Look at all this fish!
And it's all on MY plate!

What? You mean you want some of my fish?

Welllll, give me your plate and I'll put some fish on it for you.

There ya go. A piece of fish for you and one for Grampa.
Enjoy your supper!
(OK, so I did share more than that, but it was tempting to keep it all.)

One more day fishing with Grampa.
We didn't catch much that last day,
but we got enough to have a little taste.

I picked up a bunch of black walnuts
with Grampa's new walnut-picker-upper.
A fun way to do a dirty job.


I had fun building little houses with dominos.

Like my "house"?

Dishes! Yeah! I LOVE washing dishes!

I helped chop down a bunch of weeds and brush
from beside Gramma & Grampa's house.
Pulling these vines down was REALLY fun!

I wish we lived closer to Gramma & Grampa,
but that would make it a long drive for Daddy to go to work.
So, I guess we'll just have to make the long trip to see them again someday.

When we got home, Daddy went to work and
I went to another nature program with Elizabeth.

Going up....

Looking for something to catch in the net.


Aaah, forget the net. Let's throw rocks into the lake.

Hey, why are you upside down?

Giving kayaking a try.
What? It's supposed to be in the water?

Relaxing in the pool.

Let the splashing begin!

Water, water everywhere.

Oh, what fun!


Aren't laptop computers a wonderful thing?
You can take them everywhere.
Look here, bunny, this is how you check email.

Working on letters and numbers.

Helping at home.

Cleaning my toy room.


Then back outside to play in the mud again.

Pals!

Trying on possible Halloween costumes.

(If you want to hear me singing,
you need to pause the music on the sidebar--up toward the top.)

I'm off to my first day of "College Preschool".
Why do I call it "college preschool"?
Well, it's preschool that is at the college where Daddy works.


Here we go. I was a bit...no, a lot anxious about going
but once I got inside and started doing activities
I had a really fun time.

Here I am making a picture by dotting markers on the paper.

I liked reading a story with one of the helpers.

We made a train and took a trip around the classroom
to see where all the activity stations are located.

I think I'm going to like preschool this year.
And, maybe now that we're back on a schedule
I'll get back to blogging more regularly.

Until next time, "Happy to you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment