Hello people! I'm back!
Right before we left for Florida it was Daddy's birthday.

I got to help decorate Daddy's cake.

And we had to add an extra candle to the cake, because we didn't have a "6".

But Daddy got all of the candle's blown out in one try!
I'm trying to learn how to pucker up and blow like that.

After we ate cake we worked on my computer for a while.

Then Daddy went outside to clean the snow off of the driveway.

I got bundled up to help with some of the outdoor chores.

After it snowed a little more, I put on my snowpants, coat, hat, boots and mittens.
Daddy got the sled out of the garage and I went for my first sled ride. Boy, I could do that over and over again! Here, watch!
(Hmm, this video isn't seeming to want to work all the time. It is also at the bottom of this blog, so try it there if it doesn't work here. I'll try to reload it later, but right now it's 1:43AM and past my bedtime. So, goodnight folks. Enjoy the rest of this blog post.)
The next day we left for Florida.
We had a great trip to visit my abuela and aunt. It was the first time I met them, so it was a lot of fun for all of us.
Here's the rundown of our trip.

Since it was such a long trip, we had to eat at a restaurant. I ordered a hamburger.
"Hamburger" is my new word. I say it over and over. Silly, I know, but it's fun. Try it!

When we got to Abuela's house, she had so many presents there just about wasn't room to stand up in the room we were in.

Snack time with Daddy!

I loved being able to play outside without having to wear a big coat.

Dad and I worked on fixing the electronic part of one of my toys.
My dad is pretty smart, ya know!

Even though it wasn't Christmas on the calendar, it was Christmas at Abuela's house.
She fixed a traditional Cuban meal and it was sooooo tasty! Yumm!

Outside for another snack.

Ah, bare feet!

Those pesky mosquitoes found me!

We went for a walk in the park and fed the birds.

Here ducky, ducky.

Ya want this cracker?
(Brave boy!)

I guess this tractor is planted here in the park so the city kids can know what a tractor is, huh?

City or no... it's a tractor and I'm going to play on it!

Sliding down the slide was one of my favorite things at the park!

And they had lots of slides!

We went on an airboat ride in the Everglades.
If you ask me, it was too loud and too cold.
We did see an alligator and some pretty birds.
The rest of the animals were hiding, trying to stay warm.

Later we went on a 2.25 mile walk in a swamp. Well, there was a nice boardwalk so we didn't REALLY walk IN the swamp. Anyway, I walked about 3/4 mile and decided the stroller looked pretty good at that point. And, try as I might, I just couldn't resist the urge to sleeeeep.

One of my favorite activities at Abuela's house was to push my car under the shelf.
Abuela found a stick for me to slide under the shelf to knock my car out from under it.
We had a grand time playing there.

Mommy gave me some lotion for my hands, but I decided that my scalp was drier than my hands so I rubbed the lotion in my hair. Nice hairdo, don't ya think?

It wasn't ALL fun & games while in Florida.
I had to practice puckering my lips and blowing.
The result... BUBBLES! OK, so maybe it WAS all fun & games!

I sure liked playing outside!

Future chef, huh?

On the airboat we had to put cotton in our ears.
Maybe if they had given us big pieces of cotton like this, it might have stayed in my ears.

And then it was time to head back home.
I nestled myself into my carseat, played with toys, and watched for overpasses so we could go UNDER them.
"under" is also one of my favorite words these days. As we came up to an overpass, I would call out "UNDER" and Mommy would open the sunroof so I could see the bridge as we went under it.)

We saw some pretty high gas prices, but...
needless to say, we didn't buy any gas at THIS gas station.

Playing with one of my new toys.

While driving home, the neighbor called and said to enjoy the blue sky...

because it wouldn't be long until we would be seeing grey skies and snow.

Quite a contrast to the blue sky, huh?
It is pretty though... in it's own way.

Once we got home we had to shovel the snow off of the driveway.
That's all for now. See ya later.



I am so glad to see you back! I have missed you. I am glad you had a good visit in FL though. Love to all, Lou
ReplyDelete