Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

Yes, it is good to be home. We got home Wednesday night and have been keeping busy catching up on playing with toys, doing laundry, snugglin' with Daddy and just enjoying being home.

We had a good trip to Iowa to visit Gramma & Grampa, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. At first I was pretty shy meeting people but by the end of the two weeks, I was quite the social butterfly. I even started giving out hugs and kisses to special people.

We haven't finished working on pictures for the blog yet, but I guess I better at least get started and let people know what fun we had. Hopefully we'll get the rest of them posted in the next couple of days.

Wow, I was so excited to watch the airplanes! Then I got to ride in one!

When we got to Iowa we went to a big store where they have all kinds of big animals.
Grampa knows that I like bears, so he showed me this big one! Wow!

Picking apples to make apple juice. Yummm!

Then Gramma and I picked some tomatoes.
I really like tomatoes, even straight from the garden.

Great tree for climbing and playing in.

Gramma has the biggest blocks I have ever seen! They make the best towers for knocking over.

Look out, Gramma, here I come!

Craaaaaaash!

Talking to Daddy on the phone while building a tower.

Racing cars down the mattress with Kaden & Eli (my third cousins--I think)

One day we went to visit some of Mommy's friends. Their grandson, Joe, was there so we played with the tractors. He even has a tractor that I got to ride on by myself.

Then Joe's Grandpa took me outside and showed me his BIG tractor!
It was sooooooo cold and rainy, and it was early in our visit, so I was too scared to go for a ride with Ray by myself. Maybe next time.

Looking over the menu, trying to decide what to have for lunch...

Wow, these buns are big enough, maybe I'll just have one of these!

Playing on the hill at the family reunion.

Aaaah, this is the life!

Mommy & Me

I had such fun playing with Elizabeth... once I decided she was "OK".

"Friends"

Down the hill with Gramma...
...Up the hill with Uncle Tom.

Sleeping in the playpen that my Mommy and all her brothers & sisters used when they were little. Too bad Mommy didn't call it a PLAYpen while we were there... I just thought it was a king-sized crib!

My favorite book right now is about "pies".
Gramma is so cool... she baked me a pie and let me poke my fingers in it before...

...digging in! Yuuuummmmmm!

Remember those tomatoes that we picked earlier?
Well, they were really juicy and I saw Grampa drink some juice off of HIS tomatoes, so I decided to see how good the juice was.

Good to the last drop!

"More, please!"

Well, folks, that's the first week in review. There are so many pictures it's hard to choose which ones to show you. Check back later for pictures from week two.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip. We have missed your more frequent updates--glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are back. I missed the updates too. Love, Lou

    ReplyDelete